- Stockholm ,
- Postal Code:
The everyday magic, fun and joy being created between the music, our bodies and us...
I love the joyful and the conscious meeting in the Nia dancing -and ALL THE INCREDIBLY GOOD it actually creates.
Who am I? Half Swedish /half Italian, living and working in Stockholm and Gävle, Sweden. No professional dance background except for some disco gogo dancing in my twenties, some flamenco, some tango and some martial arts... Daytime today I'm a whisky blender working with whiskies since 20 years. I get to create new whiskies which I love, meet lots of great people and to travel the world, which I all really love too.
So why Nia, if all's that great already? Well, something in my life was really missing... I felt happy- but more partly happy... mind-happy, not a complete body-mind happy...So I always had that something-is-missing-feeling. Did often injure myself when I was training. I forced myself to train, which of course, didn't give the best of results. Now I know that I didn't know that I didn't know... about my body and the connection.
A couple of years ago I went to a dance class with one of my best friends Cim, in London. She had just become a Nia teacher.That class was love at first sight and I felt immediately; I had to get more. Today, my body loves my Nia life - it has started listening to me on a completely different level, and I don't hate to train anymore. I can go on and on, but let's just say this, all the joy and fun is there - and all the benefits are obvious to me too. Nia dancing is now on my can't-live-without-it-list.
I completed my White Belt in London with the greatest trainer Dorit Noble (White Belt Trainer, Black Belt Trainer, Nia Training Faculty). My Green Belt was completed in 2012 with most wonderful trainer Britta von Tagen (also Black Belt and White/Green/Blue Belt Trainer from the Nia Training Faculty). I have also done the fantastic Body's Way and 52 Moves Trainings in 2013 with Debbie Rosas, Rachael Resch and Ann Christiansen, plus an amazing Tribal Workshop with Britta von Tagen in Stockholm in August the same year and a lovely Nine Movements workshop in Winchester with Dorit Noble.
RIGHT NOW 2013/2014 WITH NIA IN STOCKHOLM:
- Autumn classes are on Dansstudio1, 2013. See Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday.
- Spring 2014 classes starts on Saturday January 18th, at 11.30 at Dansstudio1, Frejgatan 41 in Stockholm. Then continuing rolling; on Sundays at 17.00, Wednesdays at 17.00 and Saturdays at 11.30. All holiday days for spring 2014 will be out from 18th of January.
- Livelihood Belts meetings& trainings with Nia Stockholm.
- Nia Stockholm Jam in 2014: dates are coming in January. In 2013 Nia Stockholm arranged the Nia HalloweenJam, dancing & celebrating Nia's 30 years of bringing health through movement into the world, on Oct19th -13.
To receive information on what is going on in the Nia Stockholm area, please mail me to email@example.com for my Nia Stockholm Newsletter.
- Please also like the "Nia Stockholm" page on Facebook, there you can have news from us all around Stockholm; Åsa in Täby, Inger in Nynäshamn, Kathleen in Uppsala, Knivsta and Sigtuna, Marie in Dalarö/Handen etc.
So drop me a line to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to dance along, if you like to receive Nia in Stockholms Newsletter or just send me a text on +46-708-775 483 if you are interested in participating in any of the above.
Also, are you a group that would be interested in having a teacher to a group of keen dancers, let me know!
Have a great life; with as much joy as you can, while you can. I hope to meet you on the Nia dance floor, either in Stockholm, Sweden or somewhere else in the world.