Hey, Nia is nothing but amore! MAGIC, FUN and enJOYment, all created between my body, the music and me!!
---> Q U I C K I N F O -------> N I A S T O C K H O L M ------> T H E S U M M E R O F 2 0 1 4
*** FIVE SUMMER CLASSES BETWEEN JULY 16- AUGUST 14, 2014 ***
*Summer Nia classes are at Dansstudio1, Frejgatan 41 in Stockholm.
MY NIA SUMMER DANCE CLASSES IN STOCKHOLM ARE:
- July 16, 18.00 Wednesday - Dancing the routine Bailando (Premiere!): It's samba, salsa, bossanova etc. Joy of movement!
- July 23, 18.00 Wednesday - Guided summer free dance to great music and the 52 moves. Fun, sweaty with magic music!
- July 30, 18.00 Wednesday - Dancing the routine U. Tough but soft, lovely routine!
- August 7, 18.00 Thursday - Dancing the routine Bailando: samba, salsa, bossanova etc. Joy of movement!
- August 14, 18.00 Thursday - Guided summer free dance and the 9 Movement Forms. Dance your ass off on this last summer class!
Price: Summer dance/ Sommardans course 750 kr or dropin 180 kr. Livelihood dropin 100 kr.
Going to Dansstudio1: Green line metro to Odenplan station. Walk ten minutes. See map & more info under My Locations and My Classes.
MY A U T U M N CLASSES 2014: ---> MORE INFO IN (THE BEGINNING OF) AUGUST.
* My Classes.... are all at DANSSTUDIO1
My Events, Jams etc are NOT at Dansstudio1 - read more under My Events.
S i g n u p for some (Nia Stockholm) N E W S?
* Mail to: email@example.com for the Nia Stockholm News. Nia Stockholm Newsletters are generally released in February, May, August and November, with special event editions in between.
* Facebook? Please like the "Nia Stockholm" page on Facebook.
*Twitter? You can add us on @NiaStockholm, to get more feed yourself as we'll most probably add you back. Join the growing Nia comunity on Twitter!
On both Facebook and Twitter you'll get our news, educations and musings from us around Stockholm - on a local, national and global level. We are: In city of Stockholm, you'll find Åsa Georgii in Fridhemsplan and me Angela, in Vasastan. Inger Lindell dances in the Nynäshamn area (south), Kathleen Anderson de Miranda in Uppsala and Sigtuna area (north), Marie Swartling in Dalarö/Haninge area (east).
* * * * *
(My b i o g r a p h y)
Half Swedish and half Italian, living and working in Stockholm and in Gävle, Sweden.
"When I count my blessings, I count you twice"; I'm happy in a wonderful relationship with my partner since 2008.
No pro background, just some disco gogo dancing in my youth, a couple of years of flamenco, some tango trials and a few years of kick boxing. A massage therapist since 1990, today mostly giving classical massage to my friends & family.
Today when not dancing Nia or spending time with my family, I'm a professional whisky blender, working with my Swedish malt whiskies in my warehouse since more than 20 years. I get to create, to meet a lot of great people, to judge in fine competitions and to travel the world. I love ALL of it.
(B e f o r e & when I m e t Nia)
Looking back, something in my life was missing.
I was happy, but a not a present kind of happy person until I met nia. I was more mind-happy, not like now, more complete body-mind-happy. Quite good at forcing myself to train/move, I guess that also had to with me injuring myself quite often too. This of course, didn't give the best of training results either!
Some years ago, I went to a dance class in London, my great friend Cim had just become a nia teacher.
That class was love at first sight and I felt it immediately I just had to get more.
(Me & Nia T o d a y)
My body loves my "nia life" - as a result: it has started listen to me on a completely different level.
All the joy and all the fun is HERE. All the benefits are obvious, my body tells me so too. Nia dancing is now on my mind, soul and body's can't-live-without-list. Now I know what I didn't know then... and my body knows it too. Positive muscle memories are being built up, bit by bit, by my nia training, and because of that, I'm closer to my body than ever before.
(My c l a s s e s / w e e k and my Nia Stockholm c o m u n i t y )
I have three classes a week, in the summer only one class /week. I love creating events and I'm often taking initiative when possible within my comunity. For the moment I take care of the Nia Stockholm's newsletters and gather info for the Stockholm teachers schedules. Amongst other things.
The way I see it, we have a world of fab Nia classes, workshops and trainings are at our feet, so why not use it? Knowledge at hand, great dancing friends all over the globe and a network that we, whenever we want and need, can to tap into. Indeed fantastic resources!
(My Nia B i o)
I completed my White Belt training in London with "my" London trainer Dorit Noble. My Green Belt training was completed with "my" soul trainer Britta von Tagen. I've also done great The Body's Way and The 52 Moves Trainings, with amazingly skilled Nia co-founder Debbie Rosas and side-kicks/ powerful trainers Rachael Reisch and Ann Christiansen.
I produced the first ever Tribal Workshop for Nia trainer Britta von Tagen, in Stockholm, in August the same year.
And when last year ended, it was with the magical Nia 5 Stages, with lovely trainer Laurie Bass in London.
How can it get much better than that???
Finally. Here's my 2014 wish, for YOU...
Hey, have a great life and enjoy; in search for what that is for You and Your Body, at this and every coming moment...
Enjoy your greatest life you ever can do, and with as much joy as you can - while you can.
And if you wish and our road happends to cross, I hope we'll meet on the nia dance floor.
Adding a joyful, sweaty and fun piece of the puzzle, mine and yours.
With love and joy,
My E v e n t s in 2014:
* Playshop with Ann Christiansen, Nia Black Belt and Nia trainer at the Nia Training Faculty. Wednesday June 4, at 7-9 pm, at the House of Shapes, Hornsgatan 103, in Stockholm.
* Jams: Spring Jam on May 10th, 15.00-17.00 at the House of Shapes, Hornsgatan 103 in Stockholm.
* Nia Stockholm's first Jam in 2014, was the first ever WomensJam (KvinnoJam) - on International Womens day, March 8th, and for two hours, we had a mindful, fun and lovely sweaty fitness class with some of us members of the great Nia Stockholm Jam Teacher Group; Åsa, Angela and Kathleen. We gave the surplus to Terrafem, a network helping women against mens violence against women.
The T e a c h e r M e e t i n g s (Livelihood Belts):
* Livelihood Belts Meetings with the Nia Stockholm area teachers and their guests (guest only by invitation and only for the purpose of being a or becoming a Livelihood member). Ask for more information on where and when the next Livelihood Belt meetings are!
Some of Nia Stockholm's P a s t Events -->:
* In year 2013, Nia Stockholm arranged the Nia HalloweenJam, dancing & celebrating Nia's 30 years of bringing health through movement into the world. We gave the surplus from the event to a great organisation helping children with cancer, Barncancerföreningarna i Stockholm.
* Britta von Tagen, a Nia Black Belt trainer and teacher at the Nia faculty, came to Stockholm and made her great Tribal workshop one weekend in the August 2013.
N e e d a p r i v a t e Nia c l a s s or g r o u p?
If you are a group of interested people looking for a Nia teacher in Stockholm, for a private Nia courses or just a special occation Nia class, let me know your needs. I'll organise for you.