Nia 52 Moves Training - Learn the Language of Nia
52 Moves Training - Get Nia Fit!
Nia 52 Moves Training is open to everybody, from new students to seasoned Nia teachers.
The Nia 52 Moves are the basic building blocks of all Nia routines. Drawing from disciplines of the martial arts, dance arts and healing arts, Nia 52 Moves teach you how to systematically condition your body by becoming your own conscious personal trainer. During the training you will learn the basics of Nia Conditioning and how to get more from your workout including how to cultivate strength, flexibility, mobility, agility and stability while being expressive and creative.
The training focuses on Nia 52 Moves Class.
Nia 52 Moves Class
- Nia 52 Moves class is a 60-minute cardiovascular conditioning experience using 1 minute intervals focusing on each of Nia's 52 moves
- Excellent cross-training workout that utilizes base, core and upper extremities
- Students are encouraged to take the class barefoot
Who can Enroll in this Training?
Benefits of Nia 52 Moves Training
This training teaches students to:
- Receive personal, 52 Moves coaching from Nia trainers and Nia Co-Creator Debbie Rosas
- Learn the names of all Nia 52 Moves
- Gain the ability to physically model each of the Nia 52 Moves
- Understand the basic conditioning benefits of the Nia 52 Moves
- Master the Nia 52 Moves using the 7-cycle class format
- Explore the Nia 52 Moves using the nine movement forms of Nia, three planes of movement, three intensity levels, and five sensations of fitness
- Practice three different Nia 52 Moves routines (focusing on the base, core and upper extremities of the body)
- Obtain healing and conditioning benefits of the practice for healthier living
Become a Nia 52 Moves Teacher
- Take the Nia 52 Moves Training
- Complete the Nia 52 Moves Teacher Training - this is a three month self-guided "post-training" that focuses on the nuances of teaching the class and prepares you to masterfully present the movements
- Pass a Nia 52 Moves exam, which includes submitting a DVD of yourself teaching the class
To be a 52 Moves Teacher you must be a current Nia Livelihood Member and completed at least the Nia White Belt Training. If you already teach fitness classes, you may ask your trainer to waive this requirement.
Training Cancellation and Transfer Policy:
Should you cancel your registration more than 30 days prior to the training start date, the registration fee will be credited to your Nia account. Should you cancel your registration less than 30 days prior to the training start date, you will incur a cancellation fee of $125 – and both the registration fee and instruction fee will be credited to your Nia account. Credited balances can be applied toward the price of another intensive training.
Intensive trainings purchased at sale prices are not transferable or refundable. Trainees who are unable to attend the purchased sale intensive may transfer their credited funds to another training and pay the difference in price.
If you have paid for a training that is cancelled by the trainer, you will receive a full refund.