Time: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
95 Danforth Ave, 3rd Floor (just east of Broadview)
$18/class (includes HST) no discounts
$75 for 5 classes ($15/class)
$140 for 10 classes ($14/class)
$265 for 20 classes ($13.25/class)
*Seniors, Equity, Actra, CADA and post secondary
student discounts offered*
**class cards expire 6 months after date of purchase and can be applied to all Nia classes at Joy of Dance**
Notes About This Class
This Nia class will be an athletic Nia class, focusing on conditioning and technique. In addition, we will create a short performance to share with the Joy of Dance community at the end of term showcase (December, 2011).
In this class, you will experience:
1. An athletic Nia class – one that allows us to find our own individual dynamic and engaged practice, which will be unique to each one of us. Emphasis on attitude/approach, technique (to really allow us to move in ways our body is designed to move) and commitment to the process will be important components of this part of our practice*.
2. Performance choreography – we will create a 2 minute piece of choreography which we will perform at the Joy of Dance showcase in December, 2011. You will have input into the choreography and costumes so that we develop and play with this piece as a group! Fun!
Staying true to your bodies’ sense of comfort, pleasure and joy, you will enjoy the following benefits by participating in this class:
* Improved flexibility, agility, mobility, strength and stability
* Improved ability to extend higher and sink lower
* Enhanced creativity and personal expressiveness
* Move up and down from the floor with greater ease
While allowing our bodies to experience the joy of movement, together we will:
* experiment with a variety of unique choreography
* experiment with quicker choreography changes
* challenge ourselves to physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually do our best.