QUEST: Peace - Creating Self
Event Type: Workshop
Start: Saturday, August 10, 2013 at 2:00pm
End: Saturday, August 10, 2013 at 4:30pm
$35 for those preregistering by Wed., August 7th http://www.therhythmstudio.com/events
Notes About This Event
Guest appearance by: Austin area Feldenkrais Practitioner Patrick Siebert.
Recovering from an injury? Interested in alleviating a recurring or nagging pain or lessening the effects of a disease?
Join Julie Wylie and Patrick Siebert in this workshop designed to help you improve physical, athletic, or artistic skill. This class focuses on the solar plexus, creating more freedom and flexibility in your movement.
This workshop is a hands-on learning experience that includes:
*1 hour Feldenkrais Method® session guided by local practioner, Patrick Siebert. The Feldenkrais Method® of Somatic Education is a unique system of self-education, and nervous system conditioning is just one of its peace-filled benefits. Feldenkrais is one of the three Healing Art woven into every Nia Technique class.
*30 minute Q & A session
*1 hour Nia Technique class to embody what you’ve learned
1. A Feldenkrais Method® experience guided by Patrick Siebert. (Learn more about Pat Siebert and his Embodied Communications offering at http://www.patsiebert.com/. Learn more about Feldenkrais Method® at http://youtu.be/e_i5QuIqcQo )
2. A kinesthetic imprinting of information to enhance your lifestyle.
3. Real-life results exploring the science and spirituality of your solar plexus.
4. Skills to increase comfort, relieve stress and express yourself more fully on all of your life's journeys (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.)
5. An afternoon of alchemy, where you will find health through a classic Nia Technique routine. You will take a sensory journey through the body using physical touchstones to measure your intention to "sense peace while creating self." Inspired by the “touch” one experiences when listening to a piece of music, this routine provides you with touchstones in the body to anchor your attention as you dance a soundscape of mantra, thick beats, and vocal harmonies.
August 10, 2 to 4:30pm
Save $5 - Pre-register by Wednesday, August 7th