Music "Bar-Tending" 101
Event Type: Workshop
Start: Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 5:00pm
End: Saturday, April 27, 2013 at 7:30pm
Early bird: $25
Door price: $30
Taking both the Touch Routine Preview + Music Bartending sessions with Allison? Attend both sessions for $40 when you get the early bird discount, or $50 day of.
Notes About This Event
Learn about mapping the landscape of music with ease, elegance and skill with master "bartender" and Portland-based Nia Trainer Allison Wright!
Are you ready to take your relationship with music to the next level?
Explore the colorful soundscape of music in this 2.5 hour workshop focused on Nia's 8BC System. Using somatic exercises and techniques, you will sharpen your "bar-tending" skills and break through any blocks that stand in the way of your music mapping! Additionally, you will:
- Review bar-tending basics
- Gain new tools that add fun, playfulness, and relaxation to bar-tending
- Enhance your ability to recognize song sections
- Catch fractions with greater speed and agility
- Learn how to use Life As Art to enhance your practice of Dressing the Bars with choreography and instrumentation