The Nia 52 Moves Teacher Training & Certification
Open to all Nia White Belt graduates
The Nia 52 Moves Teacher Training and Certification prepares participants to teach Nia 52 Moves classes. It is open to all Nia White Belt graduates, and consists of an optional, 45-day pre-training program, a 2.5-day training and a post-training.
Over the course of this training, you will learn to:
- Teach Nia 52 Moves classes
- Master the Nia 52 Moves using the 7-cycle class format
- Explore the 52 Moves using the nine movement forms of Nia, three planes of movement, three intensity levels, and five sensations of fitness
- Present the The Body's Way anatomy of the 52 Moves
- Create choreography and katas using each of the 52 Moves
- Follow a three-step process (Learn, Move and Energize)
- Deliver the 52 Moves class using a voice-prompted CD
- Practice three different 52 Moves routines (focusing on the base, core and upper extremities of the body)
- Adapt the Nia 52 Moves class to NiaSounds music playlists
- Provide healing and conditioning benefits to students
About the Nia 52 Moves:
The Nia 52 Moves are the basic building blocks of all Nia routines. Drawing from disciplines of the martial arts, dance arts and healing arts, the Nia 52 Moves correspond with the main areas of the body: the base, the core and the upper extremities. From Front Kicks to Upward Blocks to Cha-Cha-Chas to Hip Bumps, these moves cultivate strength, flexibility, mobility, agility and stability while freeing you to be expressive and creative.
The Nia 52 Moves Class:
The Nia 52 Moves class is a 60-minute cardiovascular conditioning experience based on the science of interval training. Beginners with little or no movement skills learn to energize their bodies, minds, emotions and spirits while mastering the basic building blocks of Nia. Seasoned athletes isolate single moves as they simultaneously integrate the whole body. This class offers excellent cross-training opportunities by utilizing the base, core and upper extremities. Students are encouraged to take the class barefoot.
Requirements & Licensing:
All graduates of the 52 Moves Teacher Training & Certification are required to pass a Nia 52 Moves exam and become livelihood members in order to teach the Nia 52 Moves class.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy:
Should you cancel your registration more than 30 days prior to the training start date, the registration fee will be credited to your Nia account. Should you cancel your registration less than 30 days prior to the training start date, you will incur a cancellation fee of $125 – and both the registration fee and instruction fee will be credited to your Nia account. Credited balances can be applied toward the price of another intensive training.
Intensive trainings purchased at sale prices are not transferable or refundable. Trainees who are unable to attend the purchased sale intensive may transfer their credited funds to another training and pay the difference in price.